Back to Top
- 1 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lbVelveeta cheese, regular or mexican
- 1 can(s)Rotel tomatoes, regular or hot
- 1 lbspaghetti pasta
- 1 stickbutter
- 1 can(s)cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 1bell pepper, red or green, chopped
- ·salt and pepper to taste
- Boil chicken breasts in a large pot adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper to water.
- Remove chicken when completely done, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Boil spaghetti pasta in remaining broth according to package directions.
- Drain pasta after done and discard water. Set aside the pasta…Do not rinse.
- Melt the butter in that same (empty) pot and saute the onion and bell pepper.
- Add tomatoes, soup, cooked chicken (cut into bite-size pieces) and spaghetti to the sauteed onion mixture, one at a time, and gently mix together.
- Add cheese and stir together, mixing well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat until cheese is melted thoroughly, stirring occasionally to keep from scorching.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve with a salad and hot garlic bread.