1 egg, beaten
1/2 c sugar
1 1/4 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c milk
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1 c blueberries, fresh
1 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp sugar
- In a mixing bowl beat egg and sugar until thick.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternately add flour and milk to egg mixture. Beat after each addition until blended.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8 inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Brush top with remaining butter. Cool before cutting.
- *** NOTE *** When making muffins with this recipe I bake them about 18-20 minutes. Check oven to be sure that they spring back before removing.