4 (4 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
1/4 c. plain bread crumbs
1/4 c. ground flaxseed
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine chicken breasts and buttermilk in a resealable plastic bag, place in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove chicken from bag and discard buttermilk and bag.
- Whisk together bread crumbs, flaxseed, cheese, Italian seasoning, onion powder and pepper in a pie plate.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pat bread crumb mixture onto chicken breasts, coating completely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.