Back to Top
- 3 c potatoes, peeled, boiled and cubed
- 1 lb skinless smoked sausage
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 c milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/2 lb velveeta cheese cubed
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make CHEESY SMOKED SAUSAGE AND POTATO CASSEROLE
- Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2″ pieces. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to slightly brown.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
- Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (stir constantly.)
Pour cheese sauce over potatoes and meat.
- Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top. Bake for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).