Homemade Apple Pie Filling – this easy recipe takes just a few minutes and tastes so much better than canned pie filling! Keep it in your freezer for when you want pie filling ASAP!
You never need to buy the can of pie filling again – just whip up this easy recipe to use for your pies or an easy side dish.
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE FILLING IS AN EASY RECIPE THAT IS BETTER THAN CANNED AND GOES SO WELL IN SO MANY FALL RECIPES.
Tips for perfect apple pie filling:
- I like to slice my apples in chunks. I don’t know about you, but the canned filling you get at the store has apples that are too big to eat! Chop them how you like to eat them.
- The good thing about making this homemade is that you can add or reduce spices as you like. Love cinnamon? Add a touch more, or reduce it if you prefer it plainer.
- You can also use your favorite kind of apples. I used a combination of Granny Smith and Fuji because it was what I had in my fridge.
- I know some people prefer making apple pie filling without cornstarch, but find it’s the easiest way to make it and you probably have everything already on hand.
- Them mixture thickens as it cools so even though it looks loose after it’s done, it’ll thicken up quite a bit.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Filling Per Quart
Apple juice or apple cider
Apple pie filling
Pour the pie filling into a pan. Mix remaining ingredients well and sprinkle over the top of filling. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes until golden