How to Cook a Sirloin Beef Roast
Traditional Roast Sirloin of Beef. The only way to enjoy this most splendid of feasts is to make absolutely sure the beef is good
- Top Sirloin Roast, about 5 to 7 pounds
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon white pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Herbes de Provence
- Pull the roast out of the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make sure roast is tied, most butchers will do it for you. If not, use butchers twine to tie it.
- Season the meat with spices, make sure you season it all over.
- Place the roast fat side up on a rack, this is crucial. You want dry heat for this type of meat, braising in liquid is not an option for this one. Use a rack inside your baking pan, most come with one.
- Place the roast in the preheated oven. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes (depends on size of roast) at 450 degrees F. Then, without opening the oven door, turn the heat down to 325 degrees F.
- Cook until meat thermometer inserted reaches about 140 degrees. Generally this should take about 2½ to 3 hours, but it varies on oven and roast size.
- Pull the roast out of the oven. Remove the rack and place roast on a cutting board. Allow to rest for about 15 minutes. This is crucial, do not be tempted to cut into it right away. Letting meat rest is a thing of beauty. The juices redistribute and the result is succulent meat.
- You can make gravy while it’s resting if you like.
- Slice the roast. Place on platter.
- Serve with a big old “I no longer hate sirloin” smile!
Check out a few of these recipes too!
- Easy Breakfast Cheese Danish : Most of the time I try to have a healthy breakfast which includes fruits, nuts and sometimes, even veggies. But once in a while, I crave something sweet and delicious! I don’t care for something that takes hours to make, so I go to my favorite easy breakfast cheese danish.
- Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning Recipe : The best part is that this steak seasoning recipe is super-duper easy. Simplicity is often … Ever wonder how to make Texas Roadhouse Rolls?
- Paula Deen’s Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding : So here is the recipe don’t be like me that you won’t like it but to be honest you will really enjoy this amazing recipe .