SLOW COOKER CITRUS HERB CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken Noodle Soup is a hearty bowl of comfort food that is filled with wholesome ingredients!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3-4 celery ribs (1 cup chopped)
- 4-5 carrots (2 cups peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz Reames frozen Homestyle Egg Noodles (for later)
- salt & pepper (for later)
- Add chicken (no need to chop), chopped celery and chopped carrots to slow cooker
- Squeeze 2 tablespoons juice each from a lemon, lime and and orange and add to slow cooker (make sure to remove any seeds from the juice)
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and rosemary
- Stir in chicken broth and cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Use two forks to gently shred fully cooked chicken
- Add frozen noodles directly to slow cooker and heat on high for about 30 minutes or until noodles are cooked through and warm
- Taste broth and add salt and pepper as desired
Recipe Source : Slow Cooker Gourmet
Check out a few of these recipes too!
- Slow Cooker Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana : While it’s definitely a fall and winter favorite, we enjoy this soup year round. It’s so flavorful and filling and is the best kind of comfort food.
- Tuxedo Bow Tie Pasta Salad : is the perfect pasta salad for picnics, potlucks and gatherings. I’ve made this without the mayo, using the artichoke marinade in it’s place, and it was equally fabulous and well received! Best served well chilled.
- Creamed Peas and Potatoes : Is a dish that was enjoyed for many years, especially by farmers or anyone with a garden that found that the new potatoes and garden peas were ready for harvest at the same time. It has not been as popular in recent years, probably because of the “creamed” in the name.