Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
All you need are these simple ingredients to make this slow cooker salsa chicken — good salsa and chicken!
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with habaneros (such as RO*TEL(R) Hot)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- Put chicken into the crock of a slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken. Layer diced tomatoes with habaneros, onion, celery, and carrot over the chicken, respectively; top with salsa. Pour water over the entire mixture.
- Cook on Low until the chicken is easily shreddable, 6 to 8 hours. An instant-read thermometer should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir with the salsa mixture.
- Cook’s Notes:
- As a low-carb option just serve in a bowl, similar to stew, and top with grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and chopped scallions.
- Great for filling tacos and burritos or even as the meat for a tortilla soup. Use your imagination to create other menu ideas.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Recipe Source : AllRecipes
Check out a few of these recipes too!
- Tuxedo Bow Tie Pasta Salad : is the perfect pasta salad for picnics, potlucks and gatherings. I’ve made this without the mayo, using the artichoke marinade in it’s place, and it was equally fabulous and well received! Best served well chilled.
- Easy homemade spaghetti sauce : using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! This recipe is a family dinner staple!
- This Banana Split Trifle features layers of pineapple pound cake, vanilla cream, chocolate ganache, strawberries and pineapple are all crowned with whipped cream and maraschino cherries. It’s a dish that dessert fans will line-up to eat.